Greetings, friends! I’m finally bringing you another grocery post – and this time we’re talking all things Costco!
As a family of four living in an 800-square-foot apartment, we shop at Costco for very specific things – we just don’t have the space (and budget) to shop for everything there, ya know? (One day I’ll have a walk in pantry…one day!) That being said, I think that having a membership is still absolutely worth it because we score some seriously sweet deals on items we use on a daily basis.
Something to keep in mind: some of the products that Costco carries varies regionally – so not everything that I am able to find at my Costco will necessarily be available at yours, and vice versa.
Let’s hop to it! Here are our very favorite items from Costco, the 19 things we deem absolutely worthy of holding a Costco membership for:
1. Annie’s Organic Mac & Cheese – 12 boxes / $9.99
I am certainly not above a good box of mac and cheese for a quick lunch or dinner for Sophie – we love the Annie’s brand!
2. Nature’s Intent Organic Chia Seeds – 2.5 lbs / $6.89
This is an amazing price for chia seeds! Since it’s such a big bag, keep it in the fridge to increase shelf-life.
3. Manitoba Harvest Organic Hemp Hearts – 1.5 lbs / $13.99
Again, this is a total steal of a deal for hemp seeds. Before finding hemp hearts at Costco, I was purchasing these for 3x the price at Whole Foods. Uff da! As with the chia seeds, be sure to store this bag in your refrigerator to increase shelf-life.
4. Kirkland Organic Quinoa – 4.5 lbs / $9.99
4 and a half pounds of organic quinoa for TEN DOLLARS! That is all.
5. Wild Planet Albacore Wild Tuna – 6 5-oz cans / $14.99
Okay, so, this might sound a little expensive to you, but hear me out – I think that buying high-quality, sustainable seafood is really important. And for this brand & quality of tuna, this price is EXCELLENT! Love Wild Planet tuna.
6. Lucini Olive Oil – 25.4 oz / $12.89
I’m super picky when it comes to olive oil (and really we all should be – not all olive oil sold in the US is actually authentic olive oil!) The Kirkland Organic brand is also really great, but Lucini is my favorite! Things to look for when buying olive oil – a dark bottle, harvest date on the back, and single origin.
7. Chosen Foods Avocado Oil – 33.8 oz / $9.99
I use avocado oil on a daily basis for all my high-heat cooking needs – if you’re not already on the avocado oil train, what are you waiting for?!
8. Kirkland Organic Coconut Oil – 84 oz / $13.99
If you bake frequently with coconut oil, this is a MUST! Such a good price!
9. Kirkland Creamy Almond Butter (& Organic Creamy Peanut Butter!)
Kirkland’s almond butter comes in at $7.99 for 1 (huge) jar. The peanut butter is sold in packs of two for $8 or $9…I forgot to take a picture of the price! The almond butter is roasted and unsalted (my personal favorite) and the PB is roasted and salted (the perfect amount of saltiness too, I love it!)
10. Kirkland Organic Raw Honey – 3 24-oz bears / $12.99
I love raw honey because its natural (amazing!) health benefits are preserved. This one has such a yummy floral taste to it, too!
11. Kirkland Organic Maple Syrup – 1 qt / $10.99
In oatmeal, hot chocolate, baked goods, and slathered onto pancakes…we go through prooobably a jug of this maple syrup every month or so!
12. Kirkland Pure Vanilla Extract – 16 oz / $29.99
You can’t find a better deal for pure vanilla extract annnyywhere – if you bake often, this is a must!
13. Kerrygold Salted Irish Butter – 2 lbs / $11.49
Brig and I are kiiiiind of butter snobs – Kerrygold is always and forever the butter inside our butter dish.
14. Wyman’s of Maine Frozen Wild Blueberries – 4 lbs / $9.49
Costco has such a great selection of frozen fruit. This bag of frozen blueberries is our most frequent purchase!
15. Simple Mills Almond Flour Crackers – 1 box (2 8.5-oz bags) / $8.99
These are our FAVORITE crackers, perfect for hummus-dipping, chicken-encrusting, and charcuterie-boarding.
16. Cereal – any kind, there’s sooo much to choose from. We picked up this cute box of Annie’s Bunnies cereal the other day on a whim (I was shopping with Sophie, and let’s just say I have the backbone of a jellyfish sometimes.)
17. Autumn’s Gold Grain-Free Maple Almond Butter Granola – 1 lb bag / $14.99
This granola is CRACK. If your local Costco sells it, BUY IT. You won’t regret it.
18. Navitas Organics Cacao Powder
I couldn’t find it when I was at Costco this past week…but I know for sure they’re still selling this cacao powder. I always have a bag of this in my pantry, I use it on a daily basis in my smoothies/collagen hot chocolate!
19. Kirkland Superfine Almond Flour – 3 lbs / $12.99
This is the best almond flour for baking and, I’m going to say it for the thousandth time, SUCH A BARGAIN!
What are YOUR Costco must-haves?!