Hello & welcome to the Et Cetera pages!
This corner of the blog is intended to be about random things I’m loving, cool things I’ve found on the interwebs (ex. artsy cotton candy picture, courtesy of Pinterest), life happenings, and miscellaneous things I feel I need to tell you about.
1. This quote from Julie & Julia –> “You know what I love about cooking? I love that after a day when nothing is sure and when I say nothing, I mean nothing, you can come home and absolutely know that if you add egg yolks to chocolate and sugar and milk, it will get thick. That’s such a comfort.” Julie & Julia is one of my ALL TIME favorite films. So much so that I’ve literally watched it 3 times in the past week…I can’t help myself. I have an obsessive personality! 😉 (sidenote: I actually told Brig that I have an obsessive personality on our first date and as SOON as the words left my mouth I was like DANGIT! NOOOO! WHY DID YOU SAY THAT?! Haha it still ended well 😉 )
2. If I had to pick only 2 food blogs that I absolutely adore and hold above all others, they would be The Pioneer Woman and How Sweet Eats. If I could spend a day with either of them, I think I would die of happiness. I actually had a dream the other night that I got to hang out with Jessica Merchant from How Sweet Eats and she was sharing her cookie secrets with me. But then someone called her. And I never found out her secrets. So frustrating.
3. Currently Craving:
This grilled pineapple guacamole. Yes please!
This short rib & taleggio grilled cheese. WHAT. GET IN MY LIFE.
These mango lassi popsicles. Allllll of them. Allllllllllll!!! AND IT’S SO EASY!
4. Why Detox Diets & Juice Cleanses Don’t Work – seriously couldn’t agree more!
5. Absolutely obsessed with the band Colony House right now. My favorite songs currently are Silhouettes, Second Guessing Games, Roll With the Punches, and Caught Me By Surprise. So good!
6. Just finished going through all ten seasons of Greys Anatomy on Netflix all over again. Now what am I supposed to watch?!
7. I’ve formed a tradition of reading The Help every summer because it’s my absolute favorite book and so so very good. If you haven’t already read it, I hiiighly recommend it.
8. Midwest Salads. Yep.
What are some things you’ve been loving lately?