When I first tried these toasted coconut caramel date balls, I closed my eyes and tried to think of the first flavor that came to mind. I was taken back to my most recent job at a chocolate shop in Texas, when my boss made toasted coconut caramels. And they were un-freaking-believable. I am a SERIOUS sucker for anything coconut or caramel, but when they’re together?!! I’m done for. Best combination EVER.
…plus maybe a little drizzle of dark chocolate on top? And sea salt?? THAT would be absolute perfection 🙌
I’m definitely one of those people that needs healthy snacks at the ready AT ALL TIMES because when I’m super hungry, I don’t think rationally, and grab the nearest consumable item in sight. Anyone else?
These little bites make for the perfect snack when you need a little boost of sweet energy (and bonus: no blood sugar crash.) If you make them at the beginning of the week, (meal prep, anyone??) you can just store them in a container in the fridge to have throughout the week.
There’s just 6 ingredients that go into these babies: medjool dates (make sure they’re medjool and not deglet noor – that’s important!), raw cashews, coconut butter, toasted coconut, vanilla extract, and sea salt! Trust me when I say that these ingredients when blended together turn into something TRULY magical. I hope you love these toasted coconut caramel date balls as much as I do!
- 1½ c pitted medjool dates, tightly packed
- 1 c raw cashews
- 1 c unsweetened, flaked coconut
- ¼ c coconut butter
- ½ t vanilla extract
- ¼ t fine sea salt
- In a skillet on medium-low heat, toast coconut until lightly golden brown, stirring frequently. Coconut burns FAST - so don't take your eyes off it! Let cool.
- Combine all ingredients in a food processor and blend until the mixture starts to stick together.
- Take the date mixture out by the spoonful (my balls were about the size of 1½ - 2 tablespoons, or a medium cookie scoop) and squeeze to help it stay together, then roll into little balls. Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to a week. Enjoy!