FRIENDS. Hello! Hi. Hello. Yes. How are you today? We’ve ALMOST made it to the weekend. Wearesoclose. One more dawn. One more day. ONNEEEE DAYYYY MOOOOREEEE!
The food blogging community is positively exploding with the most excellent of Thanksgiving recipes and it’s got me so excited to eat all the food. And this salad needs to be one of your foods, okay? Okay.
Would you be totally weirded out if I told you that salad is one of my favorite foods? I’m one of those salad freak people. Like, the type of salad freak where large salad bars at restaurants excite me. Anyone feel me on this? And while some people argue that salads have no place at Thanksgiving, I am strongly fighting for the small crowd that says, hey! Salads are necessary! Not only because they provide a clean break in the midst of heavy carbs & proteins, but also because they taste pretty dang good when you have all the right ingredients!
Let’s break this salad down now, y’all.
- Arugula – peppery, slightly bitter, and one of my faaavorite greens.
- Grapes – I LOVE grapes in salad for their crisp burst of sweetness.
- Burrata – or the cheese of your choice! If you don’t have burrata, I personally recommend feta or bleu cheese crumbles.
- Toasted pecans – you should totally candy them, that would be EXCELLENT.
- Pomegranate arils – can’t get enough pomegranate this time of year! So crunchy and tart and sweet and perfect.
- Pumpkin seeds – for more crunch & to satisfy my nutty needs.
- Dressing of your choice – I recommend a good poppy, balsamic, raspberry, or Italian.
SO simple, right? I almost feel silly posting salad recipes because it’s just a matter of grabbing all the right things and tossing them together, but hey. On Thanksgiving, ain’t nobody got time to throw together 10 high-maintenance dishes, am I right or am I right. I’m right. I know.
And if you want to add more things, by all means, do so! The world is your oyster. Oyster salad. Nope, not your oyster salad. That’s disgusting.
Serves 4-6 people
6 oz blackberries
1 c halved red grapes
5 oz arugula
3/4 c halved, toasted pecans
1/4 c salted pumpkin seeds
1-2 balls burrata cheese (or about 1/2 c cheese crumbles of choice)
1/2 c pomegranate arils (about 1/2 of a pomegranate)
your favorite dressing
Wait until the last minute to prepare this salad so that it doesn’t get soggy and gross. Place the arugula in a large bowl and very lightly dress with the dressing. Toss to combine. Then add the rest of the ingredients and toss again. Serve immediately.