Hi friends!! How was your weekend?!
Today I’m sharing with you (as you can see from the title) The Great Spring Trader Joe’s Haul of 2016. AKA Trader Joe’s is very far away from my house and I only go there every few months and so these are the things I grab whenever I have the chance.
2 1/2 hours of horrible traffic later…I have some goods to share with y’all.
The last time I did a massive TJ’s haul was back in November, and you can see that post here. There’s several repeat items between the two, and also some items missing from this one that I really wish I’d gotten! I couldn’t find the Honeycrisp Apple Cider or the Dark Chocolate Cookie Butter Cups when I was searching through the aisles and I’m SO sad about that!
I thought I’d share again the things that I love and the new things I’m trying out since you guys really seemed to like my post last time, despite the abysmal photos (haha). Please let me know in the comments the things that YOU love from Trader Joe’s! There are so many fun & unique items at that store, I don’t know if it’s possible to try everything they have there! I’d love to hear what your go-to items are.
So without further ado…here we go!
- Organic Olive Oil Popcorn – one of my FAVORITE road trip snacks. I know some people might be find it to be slightly ridiculous to buy a bag of pre-popped popcorn, but I think it can be super handy when you don’t have access to a stove. Plus, it’s just totally delicious. I can polish one of these bags off in, like, a day.
- Roasted Coconut Chips – superbly crunchy. I love throwing these on top of oatmeal.
- Ts & Js Sour Gummies – like Sour Patch Kids, but super citrusy and sour-er.
- Sea Salt & Turbinado Sugar Dark Chocolate Almonds – I generally really don’t enjoy chocolate-covered nuts, but these are an exception. I love that crunchy, salty-sweet coating!
- Coconut Cream – the best coconut cream around. Perfect for making coconut whipped cream!!
- Scandinavian Swimmers – I’ve got Brig hooked on these (though truth be told, we’re both serious gummy-lovers). They taste just like Swedish Fish, but have more flavors. Yum!
- Lemon Pepper Pappardelle Pasta – we LOVE this pasta. The flavor is light and springy, and it pairs beautifully with just some olive oil, salt, pepper, and parmesan.
- Spicy, Smoky, Peach Salsa – I actually *haven’t* tried this yet, but I’m very excited to.
- Dark Chocolate Cacao Nibs – cacao nibs alone are kind of like bittersweet chocolate rocks. Cacao nibs covered in dark chocolate?! Wonderful. They’re a fun topping to have around for toast or oatmeal.
- Fig & Olive Crisps – love these with hummus or cheese.
- Burrata – I don’t know about you, but where I live I literally cannot find burrata ANYWHERE! TJ’s has great burrata for an incredible price. I can never go to Trader Joe’s without grabbing one of these.
- 100% Pure Maple Syrup – both Brig and I are maple syrup purists – we don’t settle for that Aunt Jemima corn syrup nonsense. Not only does this maple syrup taste great, but it’s got a great price tag, too.
- Organic Tuscan Kale – tuscan kale is my favorite variety of kale, and I love that at TJ’s it comes in a bag, pre-cut and pre-washed! (#lazy)
- Riced Cauliflower – made cauliflower fried rice last night courtesy of a Pinch of Yum recipe. It was AWESOME. Who knew cauliflower could taste so…not like cauliflower? Totally delicious.
- Unexpected Cheddar Cheese – top-quality cheddar at a pretty dang awesome price. Win.
- Cheddar Cheese with Caramelized Onions – cheddar with a flair. PERFECT for your next cheeseboard.
- Thai Red Curry Sauce – Brig & I seriously can’t get enough of this sauce. We mix it with light coconut milk at a 1:1 ratio (like 1 c sauce, 1 c coconut milk), toss it with cooked chicken breast, and serve it with jasmine rice and veggies. I imagine it would make a great base for a vegetarian curry, too!
- Speculoos Crunchy Cookie Butter – it’s, like, literally a sin to go to Trader Joe’s without grabbing a jar of this delightful spread.
- Dark Chocolate Bar // Caramel w/ Black Sea Salt – I LOVE this bar. I definitely can’t eat the whole thing in one sitting; it’s definitely one to savor piece by piece throughout the week.
- Freeze-Dried Strawberries & Bananas – I am completely & totally OBSESSED with the freeze-dried bananas – favorite snack of all time – and Brig really loves the strawberries. Naturally sweet & superbly crunchy.
So. Tell me all of your favorite finds at Trader Joe’s! Are you as obsessed as I am, or am I just crazy?!