Ummm GUYS. If you came to my site over the weekend then you may have noticed that this lil’ corner of the internet got a MAJOR makeover!
And it was loooooong overdue.
I really disliked the look of my blog for a long time and was dying for something different – and something I LOVED. We’ll be making some minor tweaks here and there for the next little while, but I’m happy with how things are looking. What do YOU think? I’m excited to be in love with my site again! Many many MANY thanks to my sweet husband for putting it together 🙂
Like I’ve mentioned in previous posts, I’ve been wanting to share more main entrees with you guys – so quick, effortless, healthy dinner ideas have been on my brain! These sweet potato burrito bowls are one of my go-to’s, and have been for forever. They’re a great clean-out-the-fridge meal and SO customizable. I mean, you hardly even need a recipe!
Here’s how I like to build my bowls:
- sweet potato! Obvi. Usually a whole baked sweet potato, but sometimes I dice it up and roast it, then toss it with everything else.
- some sort of grain or seed – brown rice, quinoa, farro, pasta – whatever’s getting old in your fridge, use it! Lately I’ve been loving cooking my rice and quinoa in vegetable stock. It makes SUCH a huge difference in flavor – you definitely need to give it a try!!
- beans and/or legumes – my favorites are black beans and chickpeas. Little plant protein powerhouses! ? (say that three times fast)
- produce – lettuce, tomatoes, AVOCADO – any veg you have on hand, chop it up & throw it in!
- herrrrbs – cilantro, green onion – any and/or all of the above.
- cheese – I love a good salty feta on basically everything, but if you can’t do cheese then feel free to sub your fave nondairy option or go without!
Although a recipe feels slightly unnecessary, I’ve included one anyway. Feel free to double, triple, etc. to fit however large the dinner crowd may be! 🙂
- 1 baked sweet potato
- ⅓ c cooked quinoa or brown rice
- ⅓ c cooked black beans or chickpeas
- additional toppings/add-ins:
- feta cheese
- Adorn sweet potato with desired toppings & enjoy!