Hi guys! Happy Monday! How was your weekend?! I felt like I should update you guys on my life & the goings-on after reading some really thoughtful posts on getting more personal, and just being real. Although my life is 95% food, the other 5% I want to start talking about more – though truth be told, I don’t really think it’s that interesting?? Haha 🙂
Here’s what I’ve been up to in life lately –
- Obsessed with Coconut LaCroix per recommendation by my friend, Alexa. YUM! I was surprised by how coconutty it really is! Also obsessed with the big bags of frozen peaches from Costco.
- In my spare time (which is semi-nonexistent) I’ve been reading The Invention of Wings by Sue Monk Kidd. Books next up: All the Light We Cannot See, The Light Between Oceans, and Where’d You Go, Bernadette. I seriously LOVE to read and need to make more time to do so.
- I CUT MY HAIR! And I’m seriously back into being in love with short hair. I’ve been a short-haired girl all my life, but when I got married I started growing it out. This past winter it was super super long (well, I thought so) and then, after some agonizing contemplation, I donated 10 inches and voila! Back to square one. It’s so stinking easy (<– esp. if you’re someone like me who doesn’t even know the first thing about styling hair. Like, what’s a curling wand?)
- Listening to SO MANY PODCASTS. Specifically, Food Blogger Pro, because it’s the bomb.
- Pouring my heart and soul into this blog. Gosh, I love it guys. It’s so much work but it’s seriously so fulfilling.
- Having a ridiculous amount of fun (& learning a whole lot) with the Female Foodie Team.
- Freaking out over these cupcakes that are my greatest pride & glory at the moment. Made them again yesterday and they were a huge hit.
- Realizing that what I am most passionate about is baking and sweets which is a REALLY HUGE REALIZATION, YOU GUYS. It makes me really, really excited to think that I might have finally found the little niche where I want to be in this gigantic food blog world.
- Keeping Rockwell Ice Cream Co. in business. Like, Brig and I seriously can’t get enough of their ice cream, haha! Doesn’t help that it’s only a 10 minute walk away…:)
- Working my darnedest to become a better food photographer each and every day. Feeling frustrated because my site reduces the color quality in my images big time and I’m not quite sure how to fix it.
- This past weekend was a crazy family weekend – and I loved every second of it. I didn’t take as many pictures as I should have, but that’s okay. The past two days included (but were not limited to): Breakfast with my dad, hanging out with the dog (Davy Jones), a bridal shower, a very large indian food feast, a Vocal Point concert (AMAZING), a baby blessing, baby blessing dinner, El Dorado, bananagrams, and a rowdy game of Farkle.
- Feeling totally & completely over undergrad. Ready for change.
- The weather in Utah has been FREAKING AMAZING. Like, 60s. My mood has made a complete 180. With the sun outside, I feel so much happier.
- February was a really tough, awful month and so far March has been better. Struggled more with my depression and anxiety in that month than I have in a long time. Comes and goes in waves, though, and you just have to take it in stride 🙂
- Going through a v serious pancake phase. I’m definitely okay with it.