Et Cetera

On Life Lately

Hi guys! Happy Monday! How was your weekend?! I felt like I should update you guys on my life & the goings-on after reading some really thoughtful posts on getting more personal, and just being real. Although my life is 95% food, the other 5% I want to start talking about more – though truth be told, I don’t really think it’s that interesting?? Haha 🙂

Here’s what I’ve been up to in life lately –

  • Obsessed with Coconut LaCroix per recommendation by my friend, Alexa. YUM! I was surprised by how coconutty it really is! Also obsessed with the big bags of frozen peaches from Costco.
  • In my spare time (which is semi-nonexistent) I’ve been reading The Invention of Wings by Sue Monk Kidd. Books next up: All the Light We Cannot See, The Light Between Oceans, and Where’d You Go, Bernadette. I seriously LOVE to read and need to make more time to do so.
  • I CUT MY HAIR! And I’m seriously back into being in love with short hair. I’ve been a short-haired girl all my life, but when I got married I started growing it out. This past winter it was super super long (well, I thought so) and then, after some agonizing contemplation, I donated 10 inches and voila! Back to square one. It’s so stinking easy (<– esp. if you’re someone like me who doesn’t even know the first thing about styling hair. Like, what’s a curling wand?)
  • Listening to SO MANY PODCASTS. Specifically, Food Blogger Pro, because it’s the bomb.
  • Pouring my heart and soul into this blog. Gosh, I love it guys. It’s so much work but it’s seriously so fulfilling.
  • Having a ridiculous amount of fun (& learning a whole lot) with the Female Foodie Team.
  • Freaking out over these cupcakes that are my greatest pride & glory at the moment. Made them again yesterday and they were a huge hit.
  • Realizing that what I am most passionate about is baking and sweets which is a REALLY HUGE REALIZATION, YOU GUYS. It makes me really, really excited to think that I might have finally found the little niche where I want to be in this gigantic food blog world.
  • Keeping Rockwell Ice Cream Co. in business. Like, Brig and I seriously can’t get enough of their ice cream, haha! Doesn’t help that it’s only a 10 minute walk away…:)

  • Working my darnedest to become a better food photographer each and every day. Feeling frustrated because my site reduces the color quality in my images big time and I’m not quite sure how to fix it.
  • This past weekend was a crazy family weekend – and I loved every second of it. I didn’t take as many pictures as I should have, but that’s okay. The past two days included (but were not limited to): Breakfast with my dad, hanging out with the dog (Davy Jones), a bridal shower, a very large indian food feast, a Vocal Point concert (AMAZING), a baby blessing, baby blessing dinner, El Dorado, bananagrams, and a rowdy game of Farkle.

  • Feeling totally & completely over undergrad. Ready for change.
  • The weather in Utah has been FREAKING AMAZING. Like, 60s. My mood has made a complete 180. With the sun outside, I feel so much happier.
  • February was a really tough, awful month and so far March has been better. Struggled more with my depression and anxiety in that month than I have in a long time. Comes and goes in waves, though, and you just have to take it in stride 🙂

  • Going through a v serious pancake phase. I’m definitely okay with it.

xo, Lucia

You Might Also Like

2 Comments

  • Reply
    Steph
    March 8, 2016 at 3:57 am

    Found your blog through another blog – have loved seeing your recipes and fun travels. Just wanted to say that your hair cut is DARLING. Absolutely gorgeous! Thanks for the peek into ‘you’. xx

  • Reply
    Liz
    March 7, 2016 at 5:11 pm

    I could’t agree with you more about the weather! I’ve been in the best mood lately and it’s 100% because it’s been SO nice out. PS I’m OBSESSED with your short hair! I’m usually a short hair girl too but I’m growing it our for my wedding— and it’s taken every ounce of my NOT to cut it all off haha. Your bob is super cute!

  • Leave a Reply