It’s FRIDAY! Whew, thank goodness. And in celebration, I’m sharing with you these seriously easy and delicious Nutella no-bake cookies. You’re gonna love ’em. They’re sweet, chewy, filled with texture – oats, coconut, & chopped hazelnuts – and bursting with Nutella and brown sugar flavor.
My family would make the classic chocolate & peanut butter no-bake cookies all. the. time. growing up, and let me tell you – they hardly ever made it to the cookie stage! We would eat the cookie dough right out of the saucepan with spoons. Were we the only ones?! One of the pleasures of no-bake cookies is that there aren’t any eggs, so hello eating all the dough you want! Although….we sorta do that anyway with normal cookie dough, too ?
Yesterday I was making some brown butter chocolate chip cookies and forgot to save any of the dough for Brigham (?) duh duh duh…but it’s okay, because he scavenged and found trace remnants of the dough when he got home in the bowl of the stand mixer and on the cookie paddle attachment. He is a cookie dough monster! That boy cracks me up 🙂
What are you cooking up in the kitchen this weekend?! I’m thinking some buttermilk pancakes and banana bread are in order…and if all goes according to plan, you’ll see those recipes on the blog very soon! Gosh, I love this blog. And I love YOU GUYS for making it possible and for reading it and loving it even though I’m crazy. You rock.
So you should maybe probably add these Nutella no-bake cookies to your baking (or should I say no-baking) list this weekend & let me know what you think!! ?
- ½ c unsalted butter
- 1 c light brown sugar, packed
- ⅓ c heavy cream
- ½ c nutella
- ½ c sweetened flake coconut
- ⅓ c chopped hazelnuts
- 2¼ c old-fashioned rolled oats
- ¼ t salt
- 1 t vanilla
- In a large saucepan on medium heat, melt the butter, brown sugar, cream, and nutella together. Bring to a boil and let bubble for about a minute, then take off the heat.
- Stir in the coconut, hazelnuts, oats, salt, and vanilla. Mix until well combined.
- With a cookie or ice cream scoop, scoop out the dough and place onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, pressing each cookie down slightly with a spatula.
- Chill for 30 minutes before serving. Store in an airtight container for up to 4 days in a cool place.