Good morning, lovelies! How are you today?! I’m seriously excited to share these maple quinoa breakfast bowls with you. Not only are they super healthy & mega delicious, but so stinking simple, too! There’s only 4 basic ingredients (not including all the toppings your heart desires, and let’s be honest, toppings are everything!)
I’m obsessed. You’ll love it!!
Also important news: in t-minus one day, I’m leaving for Everything Food Conference in SLC! I am terrified and excited and anxious and stressed and happy all at once! Looking forward to learning, being inspired, and meeting so many talented foodies!
Are any of y’all going to be at the conference?!
Okay, back to breakfast. I have been on a serious toast-for-breakfast kick lately. Justin’s chocolate hazelnut butter or maple almond butter + berries has been my JAM.
My other current breakfast love?? QUINOA! Warm and comforting like oatmeal, but better-textured and less mushy-gluey, ya know? This maple quinoa breakfast bowl is sweet, cozy, and absolutely perfect for a slow morning (hey, I need more of those. Don’t we all?)
Be sure to go CRAZY with the toppings, my friends, they’re the most important part! I love walnuts, berries, toasted coconut, and extra maple syrup! Almond butter would be so so good, too!!
- 1 c uncooked quinoa
- 2 c unsweetened vanilla almond milk, + more for topping
- 2 T pure maple syrup, + more for topping
- pinch salt
- additional toppings, such as berries, toasted coconut, walnuts
- In a saucepan on high heat, combine quinoa, almond milk, maple syrup, and salt. Stir to combine ingredients and then bring to a boil.
- Cover the pan and turn heat down to low. Let sit for 10-15 minutes, and then take off the heat and let sit for another 5 minutes or so, until the quinoa is moist and there is little (if any) excess liquid remaining.
- Scoop quinoa into bowls and top with more maple syrup, almond milk, and desired toppings. Enjoy!