You guys. This is a very ridiculously easy recipe. Like, potentially we might not even be allowed to call this a recipe, but of course, we’re doing it anyway. I JUST HAD TO share this with you because 1) it’s so stinking delicious, and 2) it’s so stinking CUTE!
Here’s the story: funfetti cake mix (like the kind from a box, yes, we went there) is whisked into some melted white chocolate. Ugh. The cake mix gives the chocolate a wonderful cake-batter-taste. To. Die. For.
The chocolate mixture is then poured onto some parchment paper and spread all around in a nice, even layer. Then, here’s the really fun part:
you go crazy you sprinkle whatever your heart so desires on top. My heart wanted Lucky Charms marshmallows, vanilla cupcake goldfish, and sprinkles. Potato chips and/or pretzels might also be good ideas. That salty sweet combo would be amaaaaaaze for sure.
Speaking of Lucky Charms…I timed how long it would take to sift out all the charms from the rest of the cereal in a family-size box…and it only took 13 minutes! Time well spent, you guys. Fun story: I actually did this for Brig when we first started dating. He was about to take his first big midterm and I decided that to show my true appreciation for him, and to give him a little boost of happiness, I sorted out all the marshmallows, packaged them in a cute container, and gave them to him right before his test. Best girlfriend ever, right? I’ll admit, I still pride myself on that awesome gift ?
Anyway. I now find myself sprinkling these marshmallows on literally everything. Popcorn, cake batter bark, and tomorrow it’s probably going to be oatmeal. Or toast? Maybe both. So many possibilities.
This is seriously the funnest of snacks and so perfect for packaging up in cute little bags and handing out to friends and boyfriends and girlfriends. They will love you forever. (I mean, I assume they already do, but you get the idea.)
- 12 oz white chocolate (I *really* recommend Ghirardelli Melting Wafers*)
- 4 T dry funfetti cake mix
- nonpareil sprinkles
- vanillla cupcake Goldfish crackers
- lucky charms cereal
- Line an 8x8 pan with parchment paper or aluminum foil. Set aside.
- In a heatproof bowl, microwave the white chocolate for about 4-30 second increments, until almost thoroughly melted. Stir to melt the rest of the way.
- To the chocolate, add the cake mix and stir until thoroughly combined.
- Pour the white chocolate into the prepared pan, spreading around with a spatula to create an even layer.
- Sprinkle desired toppings over the chocolate and let set in the refrigerator.
- Break into pieces and enjoy! Store in the refrigerator.